Sunday, June 6, 2010

Giving up television: An update

This is more difficult than I thought.

It's not even like there's anything on that I want to watch, but turning off the TV - or, more appropriately, not turning on the TV - has proven to be tough. It's an odd feeling for me, just sitting there, reading a book or a magazine, without the TV on in the background. Even now, as I type this post, I can hear the TV blaring from the other room, where I left it on earlier this evening.

I think this difficulty in kicking the habit shows conclusively that I am addicted to television.

And I'll bet most of the people reading this are, too.

I'm gonna keep trying, though. I don't want to go cold turkey, but I'm going to wean myself off the tube.

The first step is to go turn it off right now.

-- Matt Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment