Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's good to be back

Whenever I read Steinbeck, or Robert Penn Warren’s “All The King’s Men,” or “The Professional” by W.C. Heinz, or when I read John Lofflin’s post about the death of his beloved cat Moses, for a few minutes I feel like giving up as a writer, because I know I’ll never be that good.

The feeling doesn’t last too long, though. Sometimes I snap out of it by reading something poorly written, like the dreadful “Sons of Fortune” by Jeffrey Archer, which I just suffered through on AudioBook. Other times I can circle back and draw inspiration from great writing.

Either way, it’s good to be back. And it’s great to read my friend John’s posts again.

Just like John, I have a lot to talk about. And I wouldn’t be surprised if this blog is a lot different than it was before.

I’ll be posting more soon.

-- Matt Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment