Sunday, March 29, 2009

Players you want to cheer for...

... despite yourself.

Tony Pena Jr., with a wonderful bunt against the Mariners just now, following an Alex Gordon homerun. Has TP learned to bunt? Is the earth still spinning?

Gordon looked more like Brett than Brett on the homerun.

Oh, my. I can't take any more of this. Greinke has just given up a seven-run lead, nine hits from 13 batters, including a single and double from Mike Sweeney. Greinke finally got mad and hit somebody -- a good sign. He must be working on something. Let's hope he's working on something.

1 comment:

  1. I find myself stuck in a contradiction when I think of Tony Pena, Jr. Last week I espoused the superiority of the Japan team over the US team in the World Baseball Classic because the Japanese players could do everything on a baseball field except hit home runs. But at the same time, I'm hoping against hope that Pena doesn't make the Royals' roster, because I don't think he adds much value to the team. Pena can do a lot of things well, including field, run and throw, but I guess the difference is Pena can't hit AT ALL. (Although he's a pretty good relief pitcher.)
    --Matt Kelsey

    ReplyDelete